The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android smartphone users can now update their device with the help of Turkbey Custom ROM firmware which is based on the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. One of the best part of this firmware is that it comes with all the latest updated apps along with many custom made settings page along with the super loaded CWM app.
Since this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device and also need to install the custom recovery image. To check on whether your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone is rooted or not you have to download “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
Just in case, if your device is not rooted then do that immediately with the help of XXDLIB firmware after that apply the clock work mod recovery. XXDLIB firmware is one of the best custom ROM firmwares as it comes with the support of most number of custom ROM firmwares.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 based Turkbey Custom ROM firmware:
- Before start to proceed, we strongly recommend you to backup all your precious data’s (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts, APNs settings) which was present in your phone. Just in case, if your data gets corrupted or lost due to any reason you can recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created the backup, move them all to your computer/laptops so that they are safe.
IMPORTANT : Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it does not detect the device in certain countries due to CSC code.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that USB Debugging option should is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% unless there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Turned OFF or preferably disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt in the update process.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions you can now head over to the next step where we summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer should not be held responsible or liable for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 based Turkbey Custom ROM firmwares:
- To get started, first download the Turkbey Custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and move the zip file to your external SD card which is there in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
- Please note that the zip file in the internal memory of your Samsung Galaxy S3 as it doesn’t detect the zip package.
- After placing the file, disconnect the device and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- To enter into the recovery mode you need to hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (i.e the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to retry the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in the recovery mode via the ROM Manager app.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from internal SD card” and then choose the Turkbey Custom ROM firmware which you have placed in your phone.
- Once, it is selected, it will take around 4-5 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the update is applied, you need to enter the Google Account settings along with other settings.
TIP : Just in case, your device gets stuck into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.1 based Turkbey Custom ROM firmware.