Samsung Galaxy S3 users will feel a little bit disappointed after Samsung has failed to release an official upgrade of Android 4.1 Jelly bean OS. Instead they have released the XXLBFB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
The new ICS 4.0.4 Firmware for Galaxy S3 comes out with plenty of bug fixes including the close error in play store and contacts.apk. Since this is an official release from Samsung, we recommend all the Galaxy S3 users to upgrade to this new firmware, even if they have got into ICS 4.0.4 using a custom ROM.
Important: We will not be held responsible for any damages your device might encounter while following this firmware upgrade tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 With Official XXBLFB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The XXLBFB ICS 4.0.4 firmware upgrade is for all Samsung Galaxy S3 users. So don’t try it out with any other Samsung device.
- Since you will lose all your data while performing the upgrade, it is most recommended to take back up of all your contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using data backup applications.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum battery of 50% so that your device won’t get switched off while performing this update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your mobile as well as your computer for non-interrupted firmware update.
Once you have performed all this pre-requisites, you can proceed on with the main instructions given below.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 With Official XXBLFB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download ICS XXBLFB Android 4.0.4 ICS Package & Odin Package directly into your computer. Once done, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S and press and hold the Volume Up Key, center key along with the power button simultaneously. If you do this right, you will see a green robot indicating that your device is entering into the download mode.
- Once done, connect your device with your computer. If you installed all the drivers of your Galaxy S3 successfully you’ll see the ID: COM section of Odin turn into yellow.
- Now click on “PDA” in Odin and select the .tar file which you have extracted from the ICS XXBLFB Android 4.0.4 ICS Package. After selecting it, click on “Start” in Odin and the update process will begin. It will take 5-8 minutes for the update to get completed and once it is over, your mobile will automatically restart. As soon as you see the language options while your mobile restarting, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now go to “recovery mode” and select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for deleting all the cache data located in your mobile. Once done select “Reboot system now”. Upon rebooting, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will be working properly on the ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
That’s it. Now you have successfully performed the Android ICS 4.0.4 firmware update of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
Incoming search terms:
- gt i9300 samsung 4 0 4
- samsung galaxy s3 i9300 ics official firmware download samsung