In due course of this article we will be checking out on how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with the latest XXDLI6 firmware update.
Please be informed still there is no official firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 built for Galaxy S3 but this new release is very stable and comes with a better modem.
IMPORTANT: This is not an official firmware version released globally by SAMSUNG but this is a test release which was leaked from Samsung and may have few minor bugs.
Prerequisites to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXDLI6 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But don’t use KIES to backup your data; because it do not detect your device.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files in your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 device.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below. But it is very unlikely if you follow the given procedure properly.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLI6 firmware update:
1. First Download Odin and XXDLI6 Firmware package from here to your computer.
2. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
3. After that turn OFF your S3 device so that it can be turned ON in the download mode. It can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned off. If the device starts in the normal mode, then again try the same process as we have mentioned above.
4. In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5”. Please be ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow.
NOTE : If ID:COM section does not turn Yellow, you need to check with the two things; for that first install the USB Drivers in your computer and after that go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
5. Now, Click on the “OK” button to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will reboot automatically.
6. Pleas note that, it may take more time than expected time for rebooting the device at it is the first reboot after the firmware update.
TIP: In case if the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above mentioned instructions.
7. If you want to check the firmware version after the update then go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the device will show the current firmware version as XXDLI6 Jellybean 4.1.1.
Congratulations! now you have successfully updated the XXDLI6 Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 android smartphone.
Please don’t forget to share your thoughts above this article in the comments section. And also if you face any problem while update this firmware in your device then let us know we will try to address the same as soon as possible.
Incoming search terms:
- UpdateSamsungGalaxyS3GTI9300withXXDLI6Jellybean4 1 1Firmware Howto -BestAndroidBlog