Samsung has started to roll out the official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. The users of this smartphone can now update their device with Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware.
In due course of this article, we will check out the same. Please make a note that it is official only in selected countries not throughout the world. To apply this update successfully, you have to strictly follow the pre requisites which we have given below.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH Firmware:
- It is advisable to backup your data completely before start to apply this update in your device. Just in case, if it get lost or corrupted due to any reason you could easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Ensure that you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers and latest KIES in your computer. As of now this process will work only on the Windows based computers.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone. And also ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- You should left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device to avoid its interruption during the firmware update.
So, once you have finished over all the above mentioned instructions head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH Firmware:
- Download the XXDLIH Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, then extract the files in your computer.
- Once extracted, then open the Odin file and Switch off your phone so that it can be entered into the download mode.
- The download mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + Power Button at the same time while the device is turned OFF. Just in case, the device starts normally, instead of starts into the download mode, then you need to try again until it enter into the download mode unless you could not apply this firmware.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the XXDLIH firmware. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow or else the firmware can’t be applied.
- Once you click on Start, you will see a progress bar which will indicate the progress of firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S3. As soon as the firmware is applied, you will see the home screen in your computer.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully applied Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android device.