Here we comes with the good news for the Samsung Galaxy S-III users. Now, you can easily update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone with the help of improvised version of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Still it is not official, it comes along with the lots of goodies to impress you as it comes with a whole new user interface.
Here we are sharing the procedures to update your device with the help of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. The latest version of the same is dubbed as XXDLI1. Up to now, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update of Jellybean 4.1.1 update but you can expect this to be released very soon officially.
Before you start to apply this update you need to assure that whether your device is rooted. If you aren’t sure about the same, then kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google Play Store and check your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device make sure that you have created a backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts etc.)present in your phone; so that if you lost, you can get back everything with the help of backup.
- Don’t use KIES to back up the data as since this update is still in the beta stage, this won’t be detected in the KIES.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to prevent your device from switched-off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed , all the aforementioned instructions, you can now head over the next step by following the given below procedures.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware?
- To get started, first download the XXBLG8 ICS Firmware Package and XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware package to your computer.
- For that first you have to connect the device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now, turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The Recovery mode in Galaxy S III GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (i.e the middle button)
- While holding this buttons, turn ON your device. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If you are on the custom ROM firmware then select the “advanced” and clear the Dalvik Cache also.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from internal SD card” and then select the XXBLG8 ICS Firmware Package and XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware package which you have placed in your device in the same manner.
- Initially it will take more than 4-5 minutes for turning the device ON and will get stuck on the S logo for a while. In case if you are getting the force close errors, then turn off your phone and the same in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing all the data which is creating the force close errors.
- If your device gets stuck in the welcome screen or gets into the boot loop sequence then just re-insert the battery and re-follow the aforementioned instructions .
- Once you have selected the file, the installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Android device.