In due course of this article we will help you to install the Canon Mod Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
This is not an official ROM released by Samsung. It was developed by XDA recognized developer AL92 who has come up with this update. Before start to apply this update strictly follow the given pre requisites which we have given below.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Capon Mod Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
- First of all, you need to backup all your datas which was present in your phone completely. Because, there is a risk of your datas get lost due to any reasons after applying this update. So, it is always advisable to be on a safer side.
- As this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to root your device. You can check the same with the help of Root Checker app which can be downloaded from Google Play Store. Make a note that the warranty of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 may get void. But don’t worry you can restore the same by downgrading the stock ROM, or by updating with an official firmware released by Samsung.
- So, once you root your device you need to install the custom recovery image, preferably ClockWorkMod recovery for you phone; as this will be used for flashing process.
- After that uninstall all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device by head over to the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and ensure that USB debugging option is ticked.
- Check your battery level of your phone, it should not fall below 50% or else there is a chance of your phone getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Ensure that minimum 1GB space has been free in your micro SD card. Because, you need to keep the zip file only in the external SD card and not in the internal memory of your device. If you do so, it won’t be able to select the file in the recovery mode.
So, once you have finished all the above mentioned instructions then head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to install this update in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Capon Mod Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
- First you have to download, Capon ROM firmware zip package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place this zip file in your device’s SD card.
- After that, disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S3 connected to your computer and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- It can be enter by holding the volume up button + home key button. While holding these both buttons turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Just in case, the device starts normally, instead of starts into the recovery mode, then you need to try again until it enter into the recovery mode unless you could not apply this firmware. Suppose, if you fail to enter into the recovery mode in such a way, then alternatively you can try with the help of ROM Manager app.
- So, once you enter into the recovery mode, there you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from internal SD card” to select the Capon ROM Custom ROM firmware package which you have placed in your device.
- Once you have selected, it will take few more minutes for applying the update. Once the process is finished, you need to select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- Please make a note that, your phone will take longer timer than the expected time to show the home screen. Because, that will be the first time after installing the firmware update.
Now, that’s it finally you’ve update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android device with Capon Mod custom ROM. Enjoy!