King of Custom ROM namely Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300. Over a period of article, we’ll be checking an easy tutorial to apply this firmware on SIII devices.
There are few bugs in this firmware since this one is a nightly build firmware and not the final build of the firmware. Note that this is not an official firmware by Samsung Electronics and is a custom ROM firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 with Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 with Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- Download Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Center Key + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache and after clearing the cache reboot the device. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly Custom ROM firmware package and then select “Yes” as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes. Following similar steps, you will have to select the Google Apps ZIP Package you had transferred earlier into your S3.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone boots up, you would be running Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware.