The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 android smartphone users can now update their device with the latest Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware. This firmware comes with the goodness of the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware like style, added wallpapers and more applications without compromising on the speed and faster EXT4 performance. Along with these above mentioned features one can enjoy the whole new magic of this custom ROM firmware.
Full credits will goes to the XDA Developer kkrraazzyy who has come up with this custom ROM firmware. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you can apply this firmware only to the rooted devices. To check on whether your device is rooted or not you need to download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store. If your device is not rooted then do that immediately so as you can update this custom ROM firmware.
Please make a note that you can apply this firmware only to the devices which are having the model number as Galaxy SL I9003 and not the devices like Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 or to any locked devices. So don’t try with those devices if do so it may brick your device.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone with Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware:
- There is a risk of your device getting wiped of after apply this update. So, it is intelligent to take backup of all your precious data available in your phone. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reasons you can easily recover them.
IMPORTANT : Don’t backup your data with the help of ROM Manager app as it may potentially brick your device.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 40% unless there is a risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of firmware update.
- Turned OFF or preferably disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt in the update process.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions you can now head over to the next step where we summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 android smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer should not be held responsible or liable for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone with Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware:
- To get started, first download the Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place these files in your device. Make sure that you are not placing the zip files deep into the sub folders.
- After that disconnect your phone from the computer and open the ROM Manager app in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to select the option of “Flash Clock Work mod Recovery” and then once its flashed successfully, select “Reboot into Recovery mode” option in ROM Manager.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Resurrection Remix firmware package and Google Apps Package which you have placed in the device.
- Once you have selected, it will take around atleast 5 minutes for applying this update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and you will be provoked to enter the Google Account and Wi Fi Settings.
NOTE : In case, if you face any force close erroes, then enter the device in the recovery mode and select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache.
- To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, just go the path “Settings > About Phone” there you will see the details of the firmware update.
TIP: If your device, gets into the boot loop sequence then you need to turn OFF the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn OFF you can reinsert the battery or you can long press the power button.
Congo! now you have successfully learnt how to update Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware in Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 android smartphone.