Samsung Showcase, the smartphone which has been less heard gets a AOKP Custom ROM update which will let its users to access the features of Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich.
Please be informed that this upgrade is not released by Samsung Electronics and it is released by the AOKP team who abbreviation is Android Open KANG Project. The AOKP build 40 ropes in the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware.
Note: We and the developers of this firmware will not be held responsible or liable for any damages your device might encounter by following the instructions given below.
Pre-requisites To Update Samsung Showcase i500 With ICS based AOKP Custom ROM Firmware
- This ICS based AOKP Custom ROM Firmware update should only be applied to the Samsung Showcase i500 devices. Also, this update shouldn’t applied to the Network locked Samsung Showcase models.
- Take internal data backup of your device like SMS, MMS, Contact List, Phone Logs, etc using the data backup applications.
- Make sure that your device have a minimum battery backup of 50% or else your Samsung Showcase device will get switched off during the update process.
- Disable all the antivirum/malware applications in your computer as well as your device for smoother firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Make sure your device is rooted already and it is installed with the custom Recovery image.
- Once you followed all these pre-requisties, you can follow the instructions given below to get started with the upgrade.
How To Update Samsung Showcase i500 With ICS based AOKP Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the Build 40 AOKP Firmware Package & GOOGLE Apps package from here directly to your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer using a data cable and transfer the downloaded files to your device.
- Once the transfer gets completed, disconnect your device from your computer.
- Switch off your device and then press Volume Up Key, Center button along with Power button simulatenously, so that your device enters into the recovery mode.
- While in the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset followed by Wipe Cache partition. Now reboot your device again by selecting “Reboot System Now” to completely wipe out the caches in your device.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from sd card” and select the Build 40 AOKP Firmware Package which you have transferred to your device before. The installation will being and it will be finished in 4-5 minutes.
- Now select the Google Apps package using the same manner and install it as well.
- Upon installation of both the packages, the device will revert back to the Recovery mode. Now select “Go Back” option followed by “Reboot System Now”. Upon reboot, your Samsung Showcase i500 device will load normally running the latest AOKP firmware.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installted ICS based AOKP Custom ROM Firmware on your Samsung Showcase i500 Android smartphone.
Incoming search terms:
- aokp rom samsung i5500 download