Galaxy Vibrant T959 users can now their sleeves up to update their device with the all new Custom ROM namely ICS IMM76I Android’s ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Also, this isn’t an official firmware release and the sad news is that there won’t be any official update for this device.
Also, there would be few errors in the ROM which would be addressed in the upcoming updates. And this ROM has been developed by a XDA member, so all credit goes to them. So, let us move the guide to apply this firmware update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Vibrant T959 with ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Vibrant. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Samsung Vibrant T959 with ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download IMM76I 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume down + Volume up Rocker Key + Power button.
- Once you enter recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and next select ‘wipe cache partition’ and now you’re done with wiping your data.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the IMM76I 4.0.4 Custom ROM file and also select the Google Apps ZIP package as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Vibrant T959 Android Phone boots up, you would be running IMM76I ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware.
Incoming search terms: