The SONY Xperia Acro S smartphone users can now install the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware in their device. It directly ropes the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware update which comes with the latest Jellybean 4.1 features as well as the latest Google Apps Package.
One of the best part of this update is it comes with more stability when compared with other custom ROM firmwares. Here, we are guiding you to apply this update in your device with the help of some simple steps and instructions.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Before you start to apply this update in your device it is vital to check whether your device is rooted or not. You can check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. And also, make sure that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void.
Pre-requisites to Update SONY Xperia Acro S with CM 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device make sure that you have created a backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts etc.) present in your phone; so that if you lost, you can get back everything with the help of backup.
- Don’t use the SONY’s PC suite for backing up the data because it won’t detect the device in the custom ROM Firmware.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to prevent your device from switched-off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you may follow the given below procedures to apply this update in your device.
How to update Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware in SONY Xperia Acro S:
- To begin with that, first download the Cyanogen mod 10 firmware package along with the Google Apps package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your SONY Xperia Acro S device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and turn OFF the phone so that it can be entered in recovery mode.
- For that you need to press the Volume up button and power ON the device so that you can enter the device in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” to select the Cyanogen mod 10 firmware package and then the Google Apps package.
- Once, you have selected it will take few more minutes to apply this update in your device.
- And also note that, for the first boot it will take longer time than the usual as it has setup all the system files.
- Be assure that, you have cleared the cache in your device as it will wipe all the unwanted data from the recovery mode.
- Just in case, if you get any force close errors then reboot into the recovery mode and select the options of “Wipe Data” and “Clear Cache”.
- If you want to check whether the firmware is successfully updated or not, head over the path “Settings > About Phone and Firmware Version” to check the current firmware version where it should mention that its on the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware.
There you go! you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1 in your SONY Xperia Acro S device in your android smartphone.
Note : If your device gets into the boot sequence or say get stuck in the welcome screen, just re-insert the battery and re-follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.