Here we comes with good news for SONY Xperia ARC device users. You can now update your device by using the latest version of 4.1 Jellybean firmware.
Before you start to apply this update you need to check whether your SONY Xperia ARC device is rooted or not. If you aren’t sure about the same, then kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google Play Store and check your device whether it is rooted or not. If it is not rooted you have to root the same as this firmware only supports the rooted devices.
Be assure that your device is a custom ROM Firmware and not the official firmware released by SONY.
The custom ROM Firmware is titled as Paranoid custom ROM firmware and comes with all the excellence of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware along with the latest apps of Google.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update SONY Xperia ARC device with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device make sure that you have created a backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts etc.) present in your phone; so that if you lost, you can get back everything with the help of backup.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to prevent your device from switched-off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed , all the aforementioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step by following the given below procedures.
How to Update Sony Xperia ARC with Jellybean 4.1.1 astonished by Paranoid Firmware?
- To get started, first download the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package to your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and place these two files in your computer be sure that not kept in deep inside of the sub folders.
- Upon successful transfer disconnect your device from the computer
- Turn OFF the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Now, turn your phone ON and pressing the volume down button. Once it’s download, the device will be entered in the clockwork mode recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” and then choose the Paranoid firmware package and Google Apps package which you have placed in your device. Once its selected, you now need to wait for around 5-10 minutes till the update is applied.
- To check your device whether it has successfully updated or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware version” where it will mention the update as Jellybean 4.1 firmware.
Just in case if your device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, reinsert the battery and re-follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated SONY Xperia ARC with Paranoid Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware Android device.