SONY Xperia Play users can now update their device to the latest Android 4.1 Jelly bean with the help of Gin2Jellybean Custom ROM firmware. In due course of this article, we will check out the procedure for updating your Xperia Play devices to this new firmware.
Please be informed that this firmware release is not an official one from Google or from SONY but from a third party developer. So proceed at your own risk.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any changes that might occur to your smartphone while following the firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update SONY Xperia PLAY with Gin2Jellybean Custom ROM Firmware
- The Gin2Jellybean is a Custom made firmware for SONY Xperia Play smartphone, don’t try it with any other devices as it might get soft bricked.
- Take complete backup of your SMS, MMS, Contacts List, call logs, etc., from your device before performing the update procedure.
- Ensure that your SONY Android smartphone is rooted before applying this update, otherwise the firmware will not get updated.
- Keep minimum battery charge level of 50% in your smartphone, or else your device might get switched off while performing the update.
- Disable all the antivirus applications from the smartphone and computer, since keeping them enable will make them pop up while performing the firmware update.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can move on with the main update tutorial which is given below.
How To Update SONY Xperia PLAY with Gin2Jellybean Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download R800i 4.0.2.A.0.58 EnhancedV2 Firmware Package, Wi Fi Module and Gin2JellyBean Rom Package to your computer. Once downloaded, transfer all three files to your Xperia play smartphone with the help of USB Data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now flash the R800i 4.0.2.A.0.58 EnhancedV2 file using the flash tool. Once done, download DooMLoRD Kernel (v14) kernel and flash it on your SONY Ericsson Xperia PLAY.
- Once done, turn off the device and boot into the recovery mode. Now in recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data” to erase all the data from the device and once it is finished, flash the Wi Fi modules package in your device.
- Once everything is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode, followed by “reboot system now”. Your device will boot normally upon successful reboot.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Gin2Jellybean Custom ROM Firmware on your Xperia Play Android devices.