SONY Ericsson Xperia Play users can no longer feel disappointed for not having a custom ROM firmware. A developer by the xdarkmario released a custom ROM specially for SONY Xperia Play devices and it comes out with some amazing features.
The custom ROM named as XDark Custom ROM ropes on the latest Android 4.0.3 firmware and it comes out with a full touchpad support which will let the Xperia Play users to play Assassins Creed, Dead Space and NOVA 3 just with the help of touchpad. It also works on the FPSE (PSone emulator). Lets see how to update your device using this newly released Custom ROM.
Important: If you follow the instructions carefully, your device will get updated to the latest ICS firmware and it won’t encounter any damages. But if you fail to follow the instructions carefully, then your device might get bricked and in that case we will not be held responsible in any manner.
Pre-Requisites To Update SONY Xperia PLAY With ICS 4.0.3 Based XDark Custom ROM Firmware
- This ICS 4.0.3 Based XDark Custom ROM Firmware is developed solely for the SONY Xperia PLAY smartphones. So, don’t try this on any other devices.
- Make sure that your devices boot loader is unlocked, before getting started with the update.
- Take complete backup of your Contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., from your device using data backup applications.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum batter backup of 40%. Otherwise your Xperia Play might get switched off in the middle of the update.
- Disable all the antivirus and malware programs in your device and computer to avoid interruption from them.
If you have performed all these pre-requisites carefully, you can move on to the main instructions for performing the update which is given below.
How To Update SONY Xperia PLAY With ICS 4.0.3 Based XDark Custom ROM Firmware
- To start, download XDark Custom ROM Firmware Package from here directly to your computer.
- Connect your Xperia Play to the computer and transfer the package to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the “Search buttom” in your device and while preforming it, connect the device to your computer with the help of USB data cable.
- Once done, open command prompt in your computer and enter the following commands.
fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
- The device will get rebooted and upon successful reboot, press the Volume Rockers for a few times to make Xperia Play boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery. Also use the Volume rocker keys and power button, to select the same.
- Now select “Wipe Data / factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache Partition” in the recovery mode to clear all the data caches. Once done, select “Install Zip from SD Card” followed by “choose zip from sd card” and select the XDark Custom ROM Firmware Package, which you have transferred to the device before. The installation process will begin and it will get completed within 5-10 minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will show the recovery screen again. Now select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your Xperia Play smartphone will boot normally.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Android phone with ICS 4.0.3 Based XDark Custom ROM Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- sony xperia x10 custom firmware
- Xperia PLAY 官方ICS wifi补丁