The Sony Xperia Pro users can now test and enjoy the new three in one custom ROM firmware known as Pacman firmware which is based on Android 4.1.2 Operating System. This new firmware is based on three different firmware namely: Paranoid, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and CyanogenMod (CM) ROM firmware.
Therefore, not only the Android 4.1.2 OS will be flashed on your Sony Xperia Pro but also you will receive the latest features and important capabilities from all the above mentioned platforms. It will definitely take the user experience to the next level.
Please make a note that this is not an official ROM rolled out by Sony; but it is a custom ROM released by an XDA developer known as mang.agoest. Once you update your Sony Xperia Pro smartphone with Pacman custom ROM firmware, then it will get the Updated features of Google Play, Media Player, User Interface and Unlock feature.
Before start to proceed this update in your Sony Xperia Pro android smartphone strictly follow the prerequisites which we have given below. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device. If you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not you may download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Please make a note that once you root your device the warranty of your smartphone will be void but you can recover them by installing the stock ROM.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Sony Xperia Pro with Pacman Custom ROM firmware based on Android 4.1.2:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side, before try anything newly in your device, so before start to apply this firmware create a backup of your favorite apps, important personal data and Settings etc. So, just in case if you lost your datas due to any reasons you could recover them easily with the help of backups.
- Ensure that, you have installed the latest version of PC Companion in your computer so as to make sure that all the drivers are installed.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Sony Xperia Pro and also make sure that all of your PC’s USB ports are active and are working.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of 80% or else there is a risk of your device getting shut down during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Sony Xperia Pro; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Sony Xperia Pro with Pacman Custom ROM Firmware.
Procedure to update Sony Xperia Pro with Pacman Custom ROM firmware based on Android 4.1.2:
- First, download the Pacman custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip files in your phone, ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device as it may not get detected in the recovery mode.
- After placing the file, unplug the device from computer and turn download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store and flash the clock work mod recovery in your Sony Xperia Pro device.
- Once the clock work mod recovery is flashed, you will now need to select the option of “Reboot into recovery mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Pacman Custom ROM firmware package which is placed in the phone. So, once you have selected it will take few more minutes for applying the update.
- After applying this update just select the option “Go Back” and reboot system now for rebooting your device into the normal mode.
To check – Settings > About Phone
Now, finally you have update your Sony Xperia Pro smartphone with Pacman custom ROM firmware Congrats!
Incoming search terms:
- xperia pro pacman custom rom