SONY Xperia S users have a reason to cheer up as over a period of article, we’ll be checking out a tutorial to manually install latest version of ICS 6.1.A.0.452 which is a generic firmware and can be applied to all SONY Xperia S devices.
Please note that this is a global update. Well, applying this update won’t root in your device in any manner and after applying this update, root access will be revoked.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update SONY Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only SONY Xperia S. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update SONY Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware
- Download the 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware FTF Package and Official Flash Tool from here to your computer.
- Place the extracted .ftf file in the path “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” and ensure that no other files are there in the above mentioned path. Open the Flash tool in your computer.
- In the flash tool, click on the “File option” and then select “flash mode” on the left side in the opened flash tool to click on Ok and enable the options which are Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache.
- Click OK and the flash tool will be preparing the ROM and once it’s done, you’ll have to follow on screen instructions.
- Connect your phone SONY Xperia to the Computer.
- As soon as the device will be connected, the flash will start installing Official Stock Gingerbread firmware in your SONY Xperia S.
Congo, you have successfully applied the Android ICS update.