SONY Xperia S users can now put their hands over the all new and stable Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware and we would be checking an easy tutorial below for the same. Readers also need to keep a note of one more thing that this CM9 build is based on Pure ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version which offers the latest jellybean 4.1 along with Google Apps ZIP package.
Note that this is not an official firmware release by SONY we do not have any info about the ETA of official update of Jellybean 4.1 for Xperia S.
Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted. If you aren’t sure about the same, kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google PLAY Store. So, ensure that you your device is rooted or you’re on a rooted firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update SONY Xperia S with Stable Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- This Stable Cyanogen Mod 9 Custom ROM firmware update is available only & only for SONY Xperia S models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update SONY Xperia S with Stable Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
- To get started, download CM9 Firmware package & Google Apps Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume Up button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode via boot loader mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the CM9 ROM firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated SONY Xperia S with Stable Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Android Device.