Sony Xperia U android smartphone users can now easily update their device with the latest dynamic custom ROM firmware. As of now, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official release of Jellybean 4.1 update.
Thanks to the XDA recognized developer acervenky who has come up with this update. This custom ROM firmware will enable you to experience an all new user interface which some what matches the style of Galaxy S3 smartphone and also it comes with the faster file system of EXT4 which is nearly twich the faster than the default file system of Xperia U.
Features of Dynamic custom ROM firmware:
- e Xperia Terminator
- Galaxy SIII Launcher
- System UI from Vision Rom (With Working Quick panel Settings)
- Play Music
- Extremely Smooth
- AOSP Gallery
- Google Now
Pre requisites to Update SONY Xperia U with Galaxy S3 Styled Dynamic Custom ROM Firmware:
- There is a risk of data getting wiped off after applying this update, so before start to proceed we strongly advise you to create backup of all your precious data available in your phone. Just in case, if your data might corrupted due to any reasons you can easily get back with the help of backup.
IMPORTANT : Don’t backup the data with the help of Sony’s PC Companion as it does not detect the device in the custom ROM Firmwares. And also don’t try to backup the data with the help of ROM Manager as it may potentially brick the device.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia U device by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Make sure that you have left the minimum battery level of 40% to avoid your device getting turned OFF while applying this firmware update.
- Turned OFF or preferably disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt in the update process.
- As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device without rooting you could not apply this firmware update in SONY Xperia U smartphone. Once rooted, download the ROM manager app from the Google Play Store. And also note that you need to unlock the boot loader.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned steps, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the custom ROM firmware in your Sony Xperia U smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps
How to Update SONY Xperia U with Galaxy S3 Styled Dynamic Custom ROM Firmware:
- To get started, first download the Dynamic custom ROM firmware from here to your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep inside into the sub folders.
- After that disconnect the device from the computer and open the ROM Manager app in your phone to select “reboot into recovery mode”.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Dynamic Custom ROM firmware package which you have placed in the device.
- Once the device is applied with the firmware, the phone will be rebooting, and it will take few more minutes for applying this update.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully, navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version should read as Dynamic Custom ROM firmware.
NOTE : Just in case, your Sony Xperia U device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations! now you have successfully learnt on how you can easily update your Sony Xperia U android smartphone with the latest dynamic custom ROM firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- Sony Xperia U custom firmware
- xda xperia u cm 4 1 custom rom download
- xperia u custom roms