After some waiting, now Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus users can taste the newly released Android Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. In due course of this article we will be checking out the procedure for installing this firmware update on your devices.
Please note that this Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is not an official one from Google, but from a third party developer. So proceed at your own risk.
Important: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device, while following the firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is applicable only for the Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus devices. So don’t try it with any other devices.
- Since there is a slight chance that your personal data in the device might get deleted during the update process, it is highly recommended to take complete backup of SMS, MMS, Call logs, Contacts list, etc., using appropriate data backup applications.
- Keep the battery levels of your device more than 50%, so that it won’t get switched off while following the update procedure.
- Disable antivirus suites in both the device and computer to avoid disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by following the path – “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
How To Update Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Galaxy Nexus Tool Kit directly into your computer. Once done, connect your device to the computer and transfer the kit to the device.
- Next download VZW Jellybean 4.1.1 Build & Google Apps package to your computer. Transfer these packages to your device as well. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up and volume down keys of your device, and while doing so press the power button, so that your Galaxy Nexus can enter into the fastboot mode.
- Once done, extract the Galaxy Nexus Tool Kit into your computer and open it. Now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable and enter the appropriate option of your devices firmware in the tool kit.
- Once you have entered the appropriate option, select option “9” and select enter to follow the instructions which will be shown on screen. Once it is over, select option “1” and click on enter to process the command.
- Now turn off your device again. Once down, press the Volume Up and the Volume Down key simultaneously, and while doing so press the power button, so that your Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset” and wipe out all the data present in your device. Now select “install zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose zip from SD Card” and select the VZW Jellybean 4.1.1 Build package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes. Now again follow the same procedure and install the Google Apps package as well.
- Once the installation is over, your device will show the recovery mode home screen. Select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus android smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.