Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone which is powered by Verizon Wireless got an all new update namely MIUI Custom ROM firmware. Well, this is a well known firmware. After Cyanogen Mod 9, MIUI ROM is the second most loved firmware.
Also, this MIUI ROM supports a wide range of devices. So, let us check steps to apply this update along with a list of pre-requisites you need to follow.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus with MIUI Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus with MIUI Custom ROM Firmware
- Download MIUI Custom ROM Firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button.
- Once you enter into boot loader mode, select the option of ‘recovery mode’ with volume rocker keys and then press the Power button to confirm.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the MIUI ROM file as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone boots up, you would be running MIUI Custom ROM Firmware.