In due course of this article, we will help you how to Update Sony Xperia U, Xperia Sola and Xperia with Android 4.0 ICS Firmware. The process for updating the above mentioned devices to Ice Cream Sandwich is quite easy.
The other top brands like HTC, Samsung and LG easily upgrade their device with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich because they did not have too many device. But in the case of Sony it was not like that; it didn’t powered their device with Android 4.0 instead it included Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
Now that has resulted in many of device by Sony added the list of device for Android ICS Update. Almost all the Sony powered devices have been upgraded to Android ICS except few of them like Xperia U, Xperia Sola and Xperia Go. Now, Sony has rolled out updates for these devices bringing out the latest and the best features. It will be continued over the next few weeks in the market globally to finally reach all the countries where these devices are available as these updates are right now available in European countries only.
Enhancements and Improvements in the new Update:
- The camera has improved with time lapse video and includes the snapshot recording while video recording is going on.
- It enhance the e.mail app with auto completion of text and includes other functionalists such as quick response to email and search across folders and sub folders
- It Upgraded the voice input engine to allow continuous dictation.
- The album has improved and allows you to view, share and comment the photos on Facebook
- It has improved control on the mobile data usage
- It Resizable the widgets for improved personalization
- It brings the new Walkman app which replacing the music player app on your device allowing the users to share music
Apart from the above mentioned features the Xperia Sola has some special updates which brings the new features called Glove Mode. It is the extension of floating touch technology which allows the phone to use in the cold whilst wearing gloves.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Xperia U, Xperia Sola & Xperia with Android 4.0 ICS Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
How to Update Xperia U, Xperia Sola & Xperia with Android 4.0 ICS Firmware:
Users who are looking to Update their device, can do the same by two ways either they can update via Over the air (OTA) and also by PC Companion tool.
1. Via OTA:
- To get started you should ensure that you need to connect your device using the Wi Fi internet connectivity as the update should be downloaded.
- Make sure you are not chargeable to use Wi Fi and make sure you don’t update when you are on the 3G data connection as the update file size is large over 100 MB.
- On the other side you might have received the update notification on your device if not received then you can check for manual update.
- If you want to check for the update then you should go through Menu>Settings>About Phone> System Update.
- Now, tap on Check now and your device will be communicated to the Sony Server for the check up whether updates are available or not. Once you receive the server reply, you just need to tap on Download.
- Once the Android ICS pack is downloaded from the server then select the option of “Install Now”.
- Your phone would be restarted automatically once when the updates are applied to your device.
Via PC Companion:
- For updating your device by this method, you should connect your device to the PC using the USB cable and you should have the PC Companion the Sony PC Suite tool available for Windows based systems and laptops.
So, that’s it; there you go your device will updated the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
Incoming search terms:
- update ics for xperia u with gingerbread
- xperia u how to email many files at once