While purchasing new android smartphone, you probably note that some of those devices comes with the preloaded firmware and that needs to achieve root. Sometimes, the firmware update is a whole new iteration of android, which means it needs an entirely new root method.
This is the case on the HTC Sensation, which has been updated to Ice Cream Sandwich. Luckily, XDA Forum Member theSnakeX has put up the method for unrooted ICS users to root their devices should they be in the awkward predicament of losing root when updating.
Please note that if you want to follow this method to root your HTC Sensation device you need to download few things including the Sensation All-in-One Toolkit by XDA Recognized Developer hasoon2000.
One of the interesting feature of this method is; you can follow this method in other HTC devices also which is running on ICS, assuming you already have downloaded the appropriate recovery and All-in-One Toolkit for your device. However, any user who attempt this (especially on unsupported devices) should be warned that it could in fact harm your device.
- Download the HTC One X All in one toolkit V1.0 from here.
- Then download the latest CMW recovery, choose the latest for Pyramid (The Sensation) in *.img. Here is the CMW 126.96.36.199 link.
- Then again download SuperSU 0.88 zip
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- Copy the SuperSu.zip file to your SD root.
- Extract the HTC One X All in one toolkit v1.0 to the Desktop.
- Connect your mobile and make sure you are in the charging mod and USB Debugging option is enabled.
- Run the One X.exe application.
- Install the HTC Drivers. (If you unlocked your Sensation’s bootloader from HTCdev.com then skip to the next step).
- Register in HTCdev.com website, choose bootloader, choose your device and follow the instructions. (Please make a note that this may void your warranty so we advise you to take backup of all your datas before start to proceed).
- Rename the CWM recovery to CWM5827, then copy it to HTC One X All-in-one toolkit folder/data folder/recoveries and replace the one inside.
- Flush the CWM recovery using the toolkit, horray you installed CWM.
- From Commands choose boot into recovery and from CWM flush the SuperSu.zip.
That’s it now you have successfully rooted your HTC Sensation device. Congrats!
Incoming search terms:
- download cwm supersu 0 88 zip