The users of HTC Desire devices can now be upgraded with one more custom ROM firmware which is titled as Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware with AOKP build. This firmware ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware along with all the latest Google Apps and user interface to match the style of SAMSUNG Galaxy Nexus which comes with the most original form of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware released by Google Inc.
Please make a note that this is not an Official version of firmware released by HTC but is a custom ROM firmware developed by the recognized XDA developer elk759. Since this is a beta firmware and is still in its early stages, there are things which doesn’t work which are mentioned below.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to Upgrade HTC Desire Firmware with AOKP CM 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Version:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files in your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update HTC Desire with Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware:
- First, download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with USB cable and place these two zip files in your device. Disconnect the device once the files are copied.
- Turn OFF the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in HTC Desire can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the placed AOKP Firmware package and Google Apps. Once the files are selected, it will take around 4 – 5minutes for applying the firmware update which can be tracked with the help of the progress bar.
NOTE : If your HTC Desire refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the HTC Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
- Once the firmware is applied, select “Go Back” with the help of Volume Keys and Power button to select the option of ”reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
That’s it you have now successfully applied the latest update of Jellybean aokp build in your HTC Desire android smartphone, you can check on whether the device is updated successfully or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware version.
Incoming search terms:
- aokp rom for htc one (totem)