The Verizon Galaxy S3 users finally receives the first ever OTA update for their device which will fix the issue of a “No Sim” message popping up from time to time on the phone.
Along with this it also brings with various other goodies such as Remote Diagnostics tool (that could be used by Verizon helpline guys to look for information in your phone to help you, after getting a nod from you), more reliability in NFC chip’s use and improvement of some sorts in Backup assistant.
The update has the build number VRALG7 and is 30.70 MB in size. The following are the list of features that Verizon has posted for the update:
1. Improved Data Connectivity when using SBeam.
2. Improved stability and connectivity with Back Up Assistant.
3. NFC (TecTile) tagging issue resolved to ensure pre-programmed text messages are accurate.
4. “No SIM” pop up issue has been resolved.
5. Added support for viewing the Guided Tour video’s over the Cellular Network.
6. Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
But apart from the welcomed features which we have listed above, one sad thing is it has a spoiler: the unified search functionality of the phone appears to be at the receiving end of the Samsung-Apple patent battle, as the update limits you to search on Internet only, prevents you to from the search to look for contacts and apps from right there.
If you are willing to update this software version in your Verizon Galaxy S3 with VRALG7, simply go to the Settings » About Device » Software Update » and click on Check Now.
So, if you were upset with the No Sim error, then it’s a time for you to update at the latest version. But if you are a heavy user of Google search widget, you need to think twice before update this in your Galaxy S3 device.