XXLPQ is officially released for the Nordic regions with other regions getting the update in coming days. People living in Nordic region can upgrade their device to the latest OS through Kies. But for people who aren’t from that region they can also enjoy the update after they have gone through this guide.
Before we start with the process of flashing to this final build let me point out that there are certain features missing from this final release that were present in the beta leaked ROM’s. Now don’t get worried because the features are mostly related to the 3D animation regarding the swiping the home screen and also the widget drawers.
I am sure they aren’t something that will be missed when you are done updating. So without any further distraction let’s get started.
Things You Need Before Flashing
- Odin v1.83
- XXLPQ Firmware
- USB Cable
Procedure For Flashing
- Download the firmware XXLPQ firmware and it should be around 382.43MB
- Make a NAND droid backup of your current installation from the recovery mode.
- If you are using a Custom Firmware then I would suggest that while in recovery mode after you have done the backup do a complete wipe as it will make flashing process more smooth
- After backup is complete reboot into download mode and you can do this by holding down power button + middle button + volume down button.
- Once the screen displays download mode connect your device to the computer with USB Cable and wait for the drivers to be installed.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection because there are some drivers that windows will download
- Open Odin and at the COM Port it should flash yellow showing the device is connected.
- Now extract the firmware file and you should see a file with the following name 9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5.
- Now in Odin make sure that Auto reboot and Reset Time are checked marked and DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER OPTION
- Now click the PDA button and browse to the folder where you have extracted the firmware and select it.
- After selecting the file click on Start to begin the flashing procedure
- Wait for 10min for the flashing to complete and your phone will reboot and android 4.0 ICS will load and follow the procedures to set up your device.
- After you are done flashing you need to root your device so download the file CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5
- After you have downloaded the file extract it and you will get CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5.tar
- Reboot your phone in to download mode by holding down power button + middle button + volume down button
- Connect your device to Odin and the COM Port should flash yellow indicating that your device is connected.
- Now click on the PDA button and browse to the folder where you extracted CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5.tar
- After selecting the file click on start to begin the kernel flashing procedure.
- After its done your device will reboot and in your application menu you will notice CWM is installed along with the latest version of SuperUser app.
I hope the guide has been helpful and you were able to install the Android 4.0 ICS official firmware on your device. Do let us know how the firmware is performing on your device.